Monday, December 30, 2013

The good, the bad, and the totally half way finished

Let me tell you about the state of affairs around here....I am currently working on re-doing my living room, but in actuality, the entire house needs to be re-done.  I've slowly changed things here and there over the years, but to be honest, we moved into this house as a VERY young couple.  We had a one year old child and poor "house habits".  I kind of....didn't have a clue about how to care for a home and how to be a grown-up and have a house.  Fast forward a few years and we had two boys and they proceeded to DESTROY our lovely home (we had built brand new).  I started to pick up the pieces and figure out how to run a home and started decorating and trying to fix things.....and then I became pregnant with my daughter, and then my second daughter a year later. Those last two pregnancies almost killed me....or at least it felt that way. I was horribly sick with a pregnancy only heart problem.  The doctors couldn't figure it out for the longest...but let's just say that during all of that, our poor home went from a lovely place to live, to something you might buy after a foreclosure.  Just keeping it real here.

 So for the last few years, we've done a good bit, but you will get to watch me pretty much do a gut job on our home in the coming months.

Up on the list first is:

My entryway/mudroom
(It's all in one room)

       This is already finished, but I will go over how I did this first up
and.....
A built-in TV, fireplace, bookshelves combo. I'm building it from scratch baby!
This is in the works right now.  I'll share my progress soon!

Happy DIY!!!!

Xoxo!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment